Our top tips
Emergency tips for spills and stains
First and foremost, don’t panic! Accidents will happen and most can be resolved, sometimes not without the help of a professional, but HBS Cleaning Services is here to assist no matter what the circumstances.
If something gets spilled on to your carpet, prompt action is required to prevent staining. Be prepared! It is a good housekeeping idea to have the following items and solutions to hand for dealing with spillages as soon as possible:
- Clean white absorbent cloth or towel
- Dry cleaning solution
- Surgical spirit (usually available from local Chemists)
- Detergent solution – One teaspoonful of gentle detergent for washing woollens, to half a pint (0.3 litres) of warm water
- Detergent vinegar solution – Add one teaspoonful of white (not malt) vinegar to the Detergent Solution
- Ammonia solution – One teaspoonful of branded household Ammonia (available from hardware stores) to one cup of warm water
Whilst the stain removal guide may be basic, it should help prevent some quite common and expensive DIY stain removal damage. Unfortunately, there can never be a guarantee of complete removal of a stain, but the correct routine will give your professional cleaner, when called in, the best possible chance of success. REMEMBER: Act Quickly. Scrape up solids, blot up liquids. Take plenty of time, it is worth the effort. Mix the solution accurately and test it on an out of the way piece of carpet. Always work from the outer edge of the stain to the centre. Dab or blot rather than scrub or rub. And, most importantly, never over-wet.
You have probably been reading for a while now, so let us entertain you for a few seconds.
Click on our HBS Rap button and have a laugh at our attempt to create a “Cutting Edge” advertisement.
Please don’t laugh too loud, others may be trying to sleep….
Have a look at our carpet cleaners at work
Our contact details
Tel: 01793 346 087
Tel: 08000 966 464
Mobile: 07990 731 018